This week we have sandbag zercher carries programmed in a couplet with push presses.
- The sandbag is unstable and will develop great core strength.
- They are functional, they simulate odd objects in life you might have to pick up and carry.
- They develop muscle groups in the posterior chain that are often neglected.
- The are great ways to improve conditioning, work capacity, and mental tenacity at the end of a workout.
- They’re fun.
We will be looking for these points of performance while you complete these carries.
- Athletes will be asked to carry the sandbag in the crook of their elbows, stay focused on keeping their and core engaged.
- Walk with feet facing forward using heal to toe strikes.
- Focus on not dropping the bag until the end of the walk.
2017 02 27