Important Information about The Open
Miss today’s meeting? We have you covered. Here’s all the details you need to know to ensure you have a great Open Experience.
- The CrossFit Open is a five-week, five-workout competition that is held in the winter in CrossFit affiliates and garage gyms around the world. There is a $20 cost associated with registering on games.crossfit.com. Workouts are released online each Thursday starting February 24th, and athletes have until the following Monday to complete the to submit their scores.
- Open WODs will be done each week (except 17.5) on Saturdays at 9:00 am. The last workout (17.5) will be done on Friday March 24th (Friday Night Lights). Regular classes will be cancelled for that day
- Workouts will be judged by fellow athletes. There is a judges course online that will help athletes ensure they know and can judge the standards for each movement. Keeping the approved standards is extremely important and should be taken very seriously. If are incapable or unwilling to enforce the standards you should let a coach know and excuse yourself from this duty.
- Everyone competing in The Open will be eligible to purchase a discounted T-Shirt for The Open. Shirts are $15.00 and there will be a sign up sheet at the gym to purchase.
- Each week we are offering up prizes for competitors. Week 1 of The Open features Mason Dixon and Lululemon. Lululemon will be on site with a Trunk Show.
- Athletes that are officially registered, complete every Open workout, record it on games.crossfit.com will be entered in drawing to win a new pair of Reebok Nanos paid for by Protocol. The drawing will be done at last workout and you must be present to win. We will do one drawing for every 35 athletes that sign-up. There are currently 45 athletes registered. Get signed up!!
2017 02 12